I just realized looking at those pictures that my little baby is no longer a "baby." I feel like I could cry. I wish that I could remember when he was teeny tiny and I wish that memory would be forever embedded in my mind. You see newborns and think WOW, I don't remember him looking like that at that age. They're so tiny. Why can't kids remain kids forever? I guess that wouldn't make any sense. I want him to become a young man... a man..... a husband..... and a father. I want him to grow to achieve wonderful things. I took for granted his younger days. I didn't cherish him at those times like I should have. I was so stressed with his acid reflux and every other care in the world that I didn't focus on my growing little boy. I ache for those moments back. I wish I could press the rewind button and start all over again from birth to now. Unfortunately life doesn't work that way and I'm trying to be okay with that. From now, I'm going to live in the moment. I'm going to cherish every moment and every memory that I make with my son. I'm so blessed that Heavenly Father has entrusted me to care for this sweet angel. His smile brightens my day and his laugh is invigorating. He has become one sweet, very lovable little boy and I can't wait to create many more sweet memories with him.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I can relate to those feelings. I think each day I just need to do the best I can and if today wasn't great, it's ok I can try again tomorrow.
Post a Comment