Megan you really got me thinking about all the things that I'm thankful for and 5 things to list just doesn't even hit the nail on the head. Thank you for tagging me and reminding me of the things that our family has been so abundantly blessed with. Its good to remember those things. As the hymnal says "Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done." We know that every one of our blessings comes from God. Our little family has overcome some trying obstacles this year, from choosing to file bankruptcy, to losing our father/grandfather. Its been hard at times to remember that we have been blessed so much. I want to issue a challenge to all that read this blog. This week, I'm going to choose to look for the blessings in my life rather than the things that I don't have, or the things that I think have been going wrong in my life. I'm also going to look for the best in people. I hope you'll join with me in doing the same. Everyone is a child of God. There is a purpose for everything that happens in our lives. Our life has a value and it is priced VERY high in the sight of our Heavenly Father. His son, Jesus Christ, died for all of our physical pain, our mental pain, and our emotional pain. He died for our shortcomings, our sins. He died so that we might know him and worship him. What a blessing it is to know that we have a Father in Heaven. He loves us very much and wants only the best for us. I'm grateful for this knowledge. I can't wait to go to the temple with my family to learn more of the mysteries of God and to become an eternal family. I'm grateful for my parents' example. I'm grateful that they raised me up in the church. I'm grateful for a husband who accepted the Gospel in his life. He is truly a strength to me, and I'm grateful for him. I'm grateful for each one of my family members, for your spirit and your strength. I wouldn't be here today, if it wasn't for all of you. I LOVE YOU, Dad, Beth, Jennie, Brad, Jacob, Rose, Josh, Megan, Venna, Jonah, Jeremy, Johnathan, Julianne, Jordan (Elder Burkhardt), Beep Beep and Grandpa, Mimi and Papa, Aimee, Cali, Holly, Uncle....David Wayne, Greg, Dwayne, Wayne, Dan; Aunt...Kari, Kathy, Jessica; Kalen, Morgan, Bronwyn, Geron, Natalie, Nathan, Matthew, Megan, Chris, Ben, Natalie, Emily, Brenda, Jessie, Tim, Lydia, and to my extended family....Vanessa, Lyndon, Heather, Mike, Grandpa and Grandma Bundy, Uncle...Mark, Dwayne, Hubert; Aunt....Judy, Sheila, June; Nick, Sandra, Steven, Blake, Brice, Jamie, Chad, Kailey and husband. There are so many more I'm just getting typers' cramp. I love ALL of you. (I'm sorry if I left anyone out, I didn't mean to.) THANK YOU FOR BEING IN MY LIFE.
Mama J
Monday, March 17, 2008
Blessed!!
Posted by JJJBowlin at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was a mouthful of people. My eye is twitching now. It's happy to be thankful, huh. I am always happier when I can see the positive. It's also called optimism. I love the whole world.
Josh
Thank you Thank you!! I want to do this to. I will! I'm so happy for my blessings too. Sometimes I have to be reminded of the things that I have been blessed with. Thank you for your wonderful words. You are the best! Love you...Becky
You wait, Jaime. I'm going to keep my eye out for the most annoying toy possible to send to Johnathan. It will probably light up, play really loud music, and move. I can't wait! :)
Post a Comment